FRAMINGHAM – Legal Seafoods on Route 9 in Framingham will re-open later this month.
The restaurant chain closed more than 30 locations when the pandemic hit. many resturants were offering takeout or delivery, but not Legal Seafoods.
On June 18, Legal Harborside in Boston’s Seaport re-opened with take-out service only. A week later, the Chesnut Hill location did the same thing. On June 20, the Boston location began outdoor dining seating on its patio.
On July 21, three more locations will open, including the one in Framingham.
Legal Sea Foods on Route 9 will be open daily from noon to 8 p.m. for restaurant dining and takeout.
The restaurant said its “main priority remains the health and wellbeing of our employees, guests and the communities in which we operate. We are strictly following all mandatory guidelines required by the CDC and local officials and implementing even more robust COVID-19 prevention and mitigation policies and procedures.
Those procedures include:
- Using a Disinfecting and Misting Unit at the close of each day, in addition to our strict cleaning and disinfecting regime.
- Assigning a “Sanitation and Safety Steward” to each shift to ensure enhanced oversight of all safety, hygiene and sanitation requirements.
- Disinfecting all high touch and high traffic area surfaces every hour, and disinfecting all guest seating area surfaces after each use.
- Setting up “Sanitation Stations” with hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, disposable masks and other health safety needs for guest and employee use.
- Requiring all team members to complete an Internal Training Certification Program, including COVID-19 prevention as well as food safety, sanitation and hygiene policies.
- Conducting daily wellness checks and temperature checks of all employees prior to each shift.
- Implementing increased frequency of staff handwashing to every 30 minutes (in addition to when it is necessary) and the additional step of using hand sanitizer after handwashing.
Photo courtesy of Legal Sea Foods