UPDATED: Framingham Extinguishes Hemenway House Fire in 30 Minutes

PLEASE SHARE

Originally posted at 3:25 p.m. Last updated at 6 p.m.

FRAMINGHAM – Framingham firefighters extinguished an attic fire in Nobscot Saturday afternoon, June 6.

The fire call came in at 3:15 p.m., as a thunderstorm rolled into the city.

Engine 7 from the Nobscot station was the first on the scene at 41 Hemenway Road, said Framingham Deputy Fire Chief Kurt O’Rourke.

Engine 2, Tower 1, Rescue 1, and car 2 responded, with Engine 1 also assisting. Ambulance 4 also responded.

“Engine 7 saw heavy smoke from the attic,” when the firefighters arrived.

Firefighters verified all occupants were out of the home, and then advanced the line into the house, said the deputy chief.

Firefighters found heavy fire in the attic.

“It was extinguished quickly,” said the Deputy Fire Chief, who estimated about 30 minutes.

The scanner said the fire started with a lightning strike, but the fire chief said the fire was not weather-related.

“The fire was accidental,” said Deputy Fire Chief O’Rouke.

“Most likely electrical,” he added.

No injuries to firefighters or civilians, said Fire Chief Michael Dutcher.

The house is not livable at this time, due to “water and electrical system damage,” said the deputy fire chief.

The 1979 Colonial Road is listed to Deborah Reed-Dressler, and is assessed at $487,000, according to the City’s database.

Residents of the home are staying with family, said Chief Dutcher.

All fire units cleared the scene by 4:30 p.m.

editor

email: editor@FraminghamSource.com call or text at 508-315-7176


Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home/framin10/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5275

Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home/framin10/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-ssl/class-mixed-content-fixer.php on line 110