By Framingham State athletics
BOSTON – The Framingham State University softball team suffered a pair of losses this afternoon falling to Wentworth by scores of 6-0 and 4-3 in a non-conference double header at Carr Diamond on Friday, March 24.
Framingham State now falls to 5-7 overall.
Wentworth improves to 10-4 overall.
- In the opener, Wentworth struck first in the bottom of the third inning with a single run. The Leopards added five more in the bottom of the fifth to account for the final score.
- Ally Moran took the loss in the circle for the Rams going six innings allowing six runs, two earned, on eight hits with a walk and three strikeouts.
- Brooke Grassia went 2-for-3 at the plate for the Rams, while Camille Desrochers and Makayla Rooney each went 1-for-3.
- Wentworth jumped out to a 3-0 lead in game two, but the Rams cut the deficit to 3-1 on a sacrifice fly from Kelsey McGuill in the top of the fourth.
- Grassia plate another run in the top of the fifth on an RBI fielder’s choice, but the Leopard pushed the lead back to two with a run in the bottom of the inning.
- The Rams rallied in the top of the seventh but were only able to push one run across on an RBI single by Desrochers.
- Grassia once again finished the game with a pair of hits, while Angelina Lynch finished 1-for-2 with a walk and a run scored.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action Sunday when they travel to Simmons at noon.