By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University ice hockey team completed the conference portion of the schedule Thursday evening as the Rams were defeated 5-0 by #11 Plymouth State in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Loring Arena.
Framingham State ends the Conference schedule at 3-12-2.
The Rams are now 5-17-2 overall.
Plymouth State remains undefeated in the Conference at 17-0.
Plymouth State is now 20-3-1 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Panthers got on the board first just over eight minutes into the game when Ethan Stuckless converted off a feed from Carson Lanceleve.
- The Panthers extended the lead to 2-0 when Dante Moretti sent a pass from behind the net to Colin Stevens who slipped a shot inside the post.
- Plymouth doubled their lead with a pair of second period goals. Myles Abbate found the back of the net just over a minute into the frame and Anton Jellvik scored with just over three to go.
- Plymouth State received an unassisted goal from Matt Tartaglio to open the third period and push the lead to 5-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Trevor Stenberg took the loss in net for the Rams but made 44 saves, while Brendahn Brawley recorded the victory for the Panther and made 14 stops.
- The Panthers held a 49-14 edge in shots for the game. The Rams were 0-for-3 on the power play in the game, while the Panthers were 0-for-2.
The Rams close out the season with a non-conference game at Stonehill on Saturday at 1 p.m.
The Panthers faces Salem State on Saturday in a MASCAC matchup.