Falcons Shut Out Framingham State Rams 1-0
By Framingham State athletics
FITCHBURG – The Fitchburg State men’s ice hockey team scored a 1-0 shutout of the Rams of Framingham State in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action on Saturday evening at the Wallace Civic Center.
Fitchburg Falcons improve to 9-9-3 overall and 7-53- in the MASCAC.
Framingham State falls to 5-15 overall and 3-11-1 in the Conference.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Falcons tipped the twine just nineteen seconds into the first period. Antoine Gignac fired a wrist shot from the left circle past the Rams netminder for the 1-0 lead. Hunter Fortin picked up the assist on the game-winning goal.
- The teams skated a scoreless second and third periods. Framingham had eleven shots in the second period with Sam Larkin leading the way with three shots. The Falcons tightened the defense in the third period holding the Rams to just five shots on net.
- Freshman Max Macchioni posted his second shutout of the season with a 22-save effort for his sixth win of the season.
- Fitchburg State held the advantage in shots (40-22).
- Blake Carson made 39 saves in the setback for the Rams
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the ice on Thursday when they travel to Worcester State for MASCAC action at 7 p.m.