5 Things You Need To Know Today in Framingham: Friday, January 27, 2023
1 Today is International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
Established by the U.N. in 2005, the day honors the 6 million Jews and millions of others killed during the genocide of World War II.
Call the Framingham Public Library to take a virtual tour of Anne Frank’s House today from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today in honor of International Holocaust Remembrance Day. Call the Christa McAuliffe library branch to reserve a 45-minute block..
2. Avenue C Design continues its Love Story Vintage Market today from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The 4-day event lasts through Sunday, January 29.
3. There are no CITY OF FRAMINGHAM meetings today. City Hall closes today at 12:30 p.m.
4. FLYERS in ACTION:
- Framingham High boys basketball travels to Weymouth for a game against the Wildcats at 6:30 p.m.
- Flyers girls basketball hosts Weymouth High. Tip off at 6:30 p.m. at Framingham High.
- Flyers vs Rockets at Loring Arena at Loring Arena at 6:30 p.m.
5. Today is the last day to register for the Christa McAuliffe Charter School’s lottery for admission for the 2023-24 school year.
BONUS: Saturday is the 37th anniversary of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.The Christa McAuliffe Library will hold a moment of silence at 11:39 a.m. on Saturday.
Afterwards, Irene Porro of the Christa Corrigan McAuliffe Center for Integrated Science Learning at Framingham State University will remark upon Christa’s legacy and how the space center will honor it through the McAuliffe Center’s redesign project.
Tonight, there is stargazing at the Christa McAuliffe Center parking lot from 5:30 to 7 p.m.