Worcester State Defeat Framingham State 78-66
By Framingham State athletics
WORCESTER – The Framingham State University men’s basketball team suffered a 78-66 loss this evening to Worcester State University in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Brissette Court in Worcester.
Lancers improve to 14-5-7 overall and remain undefeated in the MASCAC at 5-0.
Framingham State falls to 4-15 overall and 1-5 overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams were led offensively by 19 points from Juran Ligonde. Lingonde connected on 9-of-18 from the floor and just missed a double double as he grabbed nine boards in the game.
- Jahden Erold chipped in in with 11 points off the bench as he connected on 4-of-7 from the floor.
- Jaleen Carroll and Ivan Nyantenji chipped in with 10 points apiece. Carroll added four boards, while JD Okafor finished them with five points and six rebounds.
- The Lancers were led by 16 points from Aaron Nkrumah, while Erik Bjorn chipped in with 13 and seven boards. Zion Hendrix added 10 points
- The Rams struggled from the floor in the game shooting just 39%, while the Lancers connected on 49% of their offerings.
- The Lancers held a 48-26 edge in points in the paint for the game and led by as many as 28 before the Rams used a late run to close the gap.
The Rams are back in action next Saturday when they travel to Bridgewater State at 12 p.m.