Originally posted Tuesday night at 7:40 p.m. Updated on January 25 at 7:42 a.m.
FRAMINGHAM – Two adults and a child were displaced in a fire in a multi-apartment building Tuesday night, January 24, in Framingham.
About 7:20 p.m., Framingham Fire received a call for a fire at 14 Temple Street.
Framingham Fire Engine 1, Engine 7, Tower 1, Rescue 1 & Car 2 responded, said Framingham Fire Chief Michael Dutcher.
Enroute, the fire alarm system activated for Box 398. Additional information received via phone call was for a fire in apartment 3G, said the Framingham Fire Chief.
Engine 1 arrived, declared a working fire. Engine 1 began to stretch a handline to the fire apartment.
“Car 2 on scene, due to the heavy smoke conditions, type of occupancy-a multi family high rise structure, a second alarm was ordered, bringing Engine 5, Engine 2, Engine 3, Ladder 3 & additional command staff,” said Chief Dutcher.
“An aggressive interior attack limited the fire damage to the original apartment,” said Chief Dutcher.
Two adults, 1 child were displaced, all other occupants were able to return to their apartments after building was made safe, said Chief Dutcher.
“Cause was accidental, overheating of an electrical device,” said Chief Dutcher.
The Framingham Fire Chief estimated $50,000 in damages.
“Quick notification from residents and fire alarm system led to a fast fire department response, limiting the damage to the single apartment. The residents of the fire apartment closed their door, while escaping, keeping the smoke and heat minimal,” said Fire Chief Dutcher.
“Thanks to our mutual partners: Natick, Southborough, Ashland, Sudbury & Wayland for providing coverage to our City while Framingham companies were at the fire and to Framingham Police, Framingham DPW & Water Dept for providing support,” added the Fire Chief.