MCLA Defeats Framingham State 64-60
By Framingham State athletics
NORTH ADAMS – The Framingham State University men’s basketball team could not hold off a late charge by the MCLA Trailblazers as the Rams were defeated 64-60 in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at the Amsler Campus Center in North Adams
Framingham State falls to 4-14 overall and 1-3 in the Conference.
MCLA Improves to 6-7 overall and 2-1 in the MASCAC
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a back and forth first half, the Rams used a Jaleen Carroll putback at the buzzer to take a 26-25 lead at the half.
- The Rams opened the second half with a 19-5 capped by a JD Okafor layup taking a 45-31 lead with just over 13 minutes to play.
- The Trailblazers chipped away at the lead over the next eight minutes outscoring the Rams 21-7 to tie the game at 52-52 on a pair of Noah Yearsley free throws.
- MCLA took a 55-54 lead on a three from Jayden Mills, but Framingham’s Juran Ligonde scored five straight points putting the Rams up 59-55 with just over three to play.
- MCLA tied the game 60-60 on a jumper with 1:12 left on the clock and on the ensuing possession the Rams were called for an offensive foul giving the ball back to MCLA with 41 seconds remaining. MCLA was able to close out the game with free throws to secure the victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams were led by 13 points and five rebounds from JD Okafor, while Marshall Martin chipped in with 12 points and eight boards off the bench.
- Jahden Erold and Ligonde finished the game with 11 points apiece. Ligonde finished the double double with a team-high 11 boards in the game.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action next Saturday when they host Salem State at 12 p.m.