1 Today is the International Right To Know Day.
International Right to Know Day began on Sept. 28, 2002, when freedom of information organizations from around the world came together in Bulgaria, and created the FOI Advocates Network, a global coalition working together to promote the right of access to information for all people and the benefits of open, transparent, and accountable governments.
The members of the Network decided to commemorate Sept. 28 as a way to share ideas, strategies, and success stories about the development of freedom of information laws and genuinely transparent governance in their own nations.
Freedominfo.org and its host, the National Security Archive, were among the founding members of the FOI Advocates Network.
In 2015, the United Nationals General Assembly declared Sept. 28 to be “International Day for the Universal Access to Information.”
Citizens in Framingham can request documents from both the City of Framingham and Framingham Public Schools through the City’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Portal.
2. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS scheduled for today (remote unless otherwise noted):
- Framingham Veterans Council meeting has been cancelled
- Edgell Grove Trustees meeting at 2 p.m. at the cemetery office.
- Framingham School Committee: Health and Wellness Subcommittee at 4 p.m.
- Framingham City Council Marijuana Ad Hoc Group at 6 p.m.
- Framingham Disability Commission meeting at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Sustainability Committee at 7 p.m.
3. FLYERS IN ACTION today:
- Co-ed field hockey team hosts Braintree High at Phil Read Field at the high school at 4 p.m.
- Framingham girls swim & dive travels to Duxbury for a meet against Notre Dame Academy of Hingham at 4 p.m.
4. BRONCOS in action:
- Keefe Tech boys golf has an away match against Bay Path Vocational at 3:30 p.m.
- Keefe Tech girls volleyball hosts Bay Path at 3:30 in the gym.
5. LIBRARY EVENTS:
- Christa McAuliffe Library will host a workshop on bullet journaling 101 from 7 to 8 p.m. A bullet journal is a creative way to organize your day. It can be as simplistic or loud as you want to create it. This system organizes scheduling, reminders, to-do lists, brainstorming, and other organizational tasks into a single notebook.