FRAMINGHAM – With the first day of school set for Wednesday, August 31, the Framingham Public School district is advertising for a vice principal for Harmony Grove Elementary School.
The district posted the position on August 23.
The district posted it is looking for a “bilingual vice principal” to “assist the principal in the day to day building operations and building-level initiatives in order to deliver Framingham Public Schools’ high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools.”
The Principal of the K-5 school is Juliana Beaton-Kessler. She was named interim Principal when Principal Purnima DeMorais left in October 2021
Applicants should have a “current and valid DESE license in Principal/Assistant Principal grades 1-6 and SEI Endorsement for Administrators.”
Applicants should have “5 years of teaching experience in a public school setting and at least three years of administrative experience. Said administrative experience shall include at a minimum supervision and evaluation of staff and professional development work. Masters Degree in education preferred. Bilingual (Portuguese) skills required.”
The position would work on:
Development of Educational Programming:
- Developing, determining the appropriateness, implementing, and monitoring the instructional program.
- Revising, implementing, and evaluating curriculum.
- Participating on school-wide and district-wide committees for the advancement of the educational program.
- Monitors and interacts with students and their families regarding academic, social, and emotional issues.
- Developing and administering policies on student behavior and assisting teachers with serious discipline problems.
- Participating in the team evaluation process.
- Coordinate student activity programs, field trips, and other school activities as necessary.
- Supervising, directing, and evaluating staff members.
- Coordinating staff development activities.
- Participating with staff in school problem-solving issues.
- Developing schedules for various ancillary staff serving the school.
- Preparing the preparation of reports, records, and lists appropriate to the school’s administration.
- Interpreting and enforcing district and school policies and administrative regulations.
- Overseeing the development and administration of the school safety plan.
- Assist in the administration of state and district required testing.
- Represent the principal in his/her absence.