City of Framingham License Coordinator Retiring
FRAMINGHAM – The City of Framingham License Coordinator is retiring.
Framingham License Coordinator Diane R. Willoughby has been the City’s only coordinator. She became the Town of Framingham’s license coordinator in August of 2016.
the City began advertising for the position this month.
The full-time position in the Mayor’s office has a salary range of $66,848 to $75,281.
The coordinator “performs administrative and management related functions for the Mayor’s Office, issuing and processing new licenses/permits and renewals for those issued by the Board of License Commissioners and/or City Council. Performs all other related work as required,” noted the job description.
The coordinator serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external customers related to licensing information.
- Serves as the Public Records Access Officer for all licensing requests.
- Responsible for a range of administrative and management services related to the processing, issuing, and tracking of licenses/permits for which the Mayor’s Office, Board of License Commissioners, and/or City Council have authority.
- Reviews and responds to incoming mail/email/telephone/walk-in inquiries pertaining to licensing and permits.
- Maintains an accurate filing system for all license-related documents.
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring all appropriate departmental input, review, inspections, and approval of application information is obtained prior to issuing final licenses/permits.
- Collects, verifies, and manages fees, proof of insurance and required bonds prior to the issuance of license and permits.
- Reviews applications for completion and accuracy in order to place legal advertisements.
- Prepares license applications for City Council meeting packets.
- Manages and schedules licensing/permit hearings before the Board of License Commissioners.
- Attends City Council meetings as necessary and presents license and hearing information.
- Issues license/permits when City or State approval is received.
- Compiles and processes utility company documentation for conduit, location of poles, gas lines and underground storage flammable licenses.
- Attends ABCC and State Licensing training seminars.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and works directly with City Solicitor on legal matters related to licensing.
- Increasingly leverages available and/or new technology and manages a continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline processes and paperwork, to provide quality seamless customer service to the business community.
- Assists with the overall functions of the Mayor’s Office providing information to the public.
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned by the Mayor’s Office.
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as the situation dictates.
Applicant should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field; 5-1) years’ relevant experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Working knowledge of applicable state licensing regulations for categories of licenses issued by the Board of License Commissioners and City Council. Knowledge of department office procedures, and City government operations. Working knowledge of personal computer and office software (Microsoft Office and spreadsheet applications).
Work is performed under the direction of the Mayor and Chief Operating Officer.
To apply visit www.framinghamma.gov/jobs