By Framingham State athletics
SALISBURY, MARYLAND – The Framingham State University softball team was defeated 9-0 in five innings today, May 13, by Salisbury University in the opening round of the 2022 NCAA Division III Softball Championship at Sea Gull Stadium.
With the loss, Framingham State is now 23-18 overall.
The Rams will face Penn State Berks Saturday afternoon at 2:30 p.m. in an elimination game.
Salisbury improves to 37-6 overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Sea Gulls got on the board with five runs in the bottom of the first inning. The Sea Gulls received a solo homer to lead off the game and a three run homer later in the inning.
- Salisbury added single runs in the bottom of the second and third extending the lead to 7-0 before tacking two more in the bottom of the fourth to secure the run rule victory.
- Mercedes Jimenez and Kelsey McGuill collected hits for the Rams in the game.
- Ally Moran took the loss in the circle allowing five earned runs on five hits. Caroline Hughes tossed three and a third innings of relief allowing four runs, two earned, on six hits.
- Emily Stockman collected a pair of hits for the Sea Gulls and drove in four, while Carly Galbrath went 2-for-2 with two runs scored and two RBI.