By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University women’s lacrosse team scored the final eight goals of the first quarter as the Rams erased a 4-0 deficit and cruised to a 22-8 victory over Massachusetts Maritime this evening in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Maple Street Field in Framingham today, April 27.
With the win Rams are now 8-7 overall and 5-1 in the Conference.
Mass Maritime drops to 9-7 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Bucs jumped out to a 4-0 lead just under three minutes into the game. Lindsy Durgin and Cassie Llewellyn found the back of the net unassisted, and Alyssa DiScipio added a pair of markers.
- The Rams responded with an 8-0 run to close the first quarter with an 8-4 lead. Leah Green got the Rams on the board first on the run and tallied three times in the frame, while Rachel Erickson scored four times on the run including tying the game at 4-4 with 10:10 on the clock.
- The Rams pushed the lead to 10-4 after tallies from Hailey Baker and Hannah Guerin to start the second quarter.
- Maritime closed the gap to 11-6 on a free position shot from DiScipio with just over six remaining, but the Rams tallied four straight pushing the advantage to 15-6. A free position shot for Allie Dickinson sent the Bucs to the half trailing 15-7.
- Goals from Kate Simpson and Baker pushed the Rams lead to double digits in the opening minutes of the third quarter. The Rams added two more late in the quarter before Nora McLaughlin closed the quarter with a goal for the Bucs.
- The Rams maintained the large lead throughout the fourth quarter to secure the victory.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action on Friday when they host Fitchburg State at 7 p.m., while the Bucs host Westfield State on Saturday at noon.