FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham Public School District is advertising for a vice principal at McCarthy Elementary School.
Framingham Assistant Superintendent of Schools Inna London said that Vice Principal Jean Nolan plans to retire at the end of the school year.
London also said that Principal Cindy page would like to add a second vice principal to the K-5 elementary school.
The Vice Principal’s responsibilities include “leading, directing, counseling, and supervising a variety of personnel and programs; creating effective parent, teacher, child communications, supporting, encouraging, mentoring, and evaluating staff; fostering teamwork between teachers and among staff and parents; and managing budget items.”
No salary range was posted for this position, which is part of the administrator’s union.
But the district is advertising for a vice principal at Fuller Middle School and the salary was posted at $104,980.
Applicants will need a current and valid DESE license in Principal/Assistant Principal grades 1-6 and SEI Endorsement for Administrators.
Applicants should have 5 years of teaching experience in a public school setting and at least three years of administrative experience. Said administrative experience shall include at a minimum supervision and evaluation of staff and professional development work. Masters Degree in education preferred. Bilingual (Portuguese and/or Spanish) skills preferred.
“Framingham Public Schools seeks candidates whose background, teaching, or service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of education. Also, we are interested in candidates who will bring to their professional practice the perspective that comes from a non-traditional educational background or an understanding of the experiences of those underrepresented in the educational field,” noted the job posting.
The VICE PRINCIPAL WOULD:
Development of Educational Programming:
- Developing, determining the appropriateness, implementing, and monitoring the instructional program.
- Revising, implementing, and evaluating curriculum.
- Participating on school-wide and district-wide committees for the advancement of the educational program.
- Monitors and interacts with students and their families regarding academic, social, and emotional issues.
- Developing and administering policies on student behavior and assisting teachers with serious discipline problems.
- Participating in the team evaluation process.
- Coordinate student activity programs, field trips, and other school activities as necessary.
- Supervising, directing, and evaluating staff members.
- Coordinating staff development activities.
- Participating with staff in school problem-solving issues.
- Developing schedules for various ancillary staff serving the school.
- Preparing the preparation of reports, records, and lists appropriate to the school’s administration.
- Interpreting and enforcing district and school policies and administrative regulations.
- Overseeing the development and administration of the school safety plan.
- Assist in the administration of state and district required testing.
- Represent the principal in his/her absence.
The vice principal reports to the Principal.Performance of this job will be evaluated as per the Framingham Administrators Association (Unit B) Contract.
The Vice Principal assists in the supervision and evaluation of Teachers, Aides, and Assistant Teachers per Principal’s direction.
The position was posted on March 8.