FRAMINGHAM – The 2022 Framingham Earth Day Festival will offer an entertaining, educational, and family-friendly environment where participants can learn about living a more sustainable, earth-friendly lifestyle. This year’s festival will showcase the diverse organizations that embrace the vibrant environmental community in the city of Framingham.
The festivities run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 23, on the Framingham Centre Common, situated between Edgell Road and Vernon Street. Rain date is April 30.
Attendees will learn about ways to make sustainable choices, conserve energy, support local businesses, and of course, reduce, reuse and recycle, all while having a great time with your friends and neighbors!
In addition to a variety of environmentally focused exhibitors, this year’s festival will include:
- HANDS ON LEARNING for all Ages: Local organizations will be offering educational and actionable take-aways empowering all attendees to living a more sustainable lifestyle! Kids activities too!
- RECYCLING: On The Common: Bring: Cell phones,CDs, Batteries (all kinds), inkjet and toner cartridges, eyeglasses, contact lenses, Fluorescent light bulbs and other Mercury products and single use plastic bags!
- At First Parish Church parking lot : Drop off: Electronics Recycling (various fees)
- ART: Participate in an interactive, environmental art exhibit from local artist, Karen Alzayer, for all ages to experience.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Enjoy live music and presentations from local bands and environmental experts.
- BYO FOOD!: This year, we are encouraging everyone to either purchase food from the local restaurants near the common, or bring their own meals in reusable containers. We will have a community gathering area to sit, eat and connect with neighbors. There will be an opportunity to share your favorite picnic recipes and to be a part of our 2022 Framingham Earth Day cookbook (post-event).
- FREE MWRTA transportation To/From Downtown and the Common.
More details on exhibitors, entertainment, recycling, and free transportation will be updated regularly at our website: www.framinghamearthday.org