By Framingham State athletics
NORTH ADAMS – The Framingham State University women’s basketball team jumped out to a 30-5 lead after the first quarter en route to an 82-30 win over MCLA in MASCAC action Monday evening at the Athletic Center at Framingham State Univeristy
Framingham State with the win improves to 18-3 overall and remains undefeated in Conference play at 10-0.
MCLA falls to 1-20 overall and 1-9 in Conference play.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Rams sophomore Flannery O’Connor was 10-12 from the floor for her game best 20 point night in just twenty minutes on the court. Katty Haidul added 16 points and 9 rebounds while Krysta Padellaro ended with 13 points.
- Gwendolyn Carpenter only scored 2 points but dished out a game-best 9 assists breaking the Rams single-season record for assists which was previously held by Lisa Halloran who picked up 135 helpers in the 1985-86 season.
- MCLA was led by Olivia Pressley and Shannon Carney, they each ended with 13 points.
- The Rams were efficient all night on offense shooting a torrid 58% in the lopsided win.
- The Trailblazers shot just 20% in the contest.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams scored the first 13 points of the game capped by a Padellaro layup halfway through the first quarter. After a few possessions trading baskets the Rams rolled off another 14-0 run featuring three baskets each by Haidul and O’Connor to put the game away early.
UP NEXT: The Rams return to the court on Wednesday when they host Salem State at 5:30pm. Prior to the game the Rams will honor their senior class.