Authorities: 2 Framingham Brothers Responsible For Murder; 1 Arrest & 1 Armed & Dangerous Still Wanted

Share, email, print, bookmark SOURCE reports.

FRAMINGHAM – Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan said two brothers are responsible for the weekend murder on Hayes Street in Framingham.

Yesterday, an off-duty Framingham Police Officer spotted and arrested one of the brothers, the other brother is still wanted and is considered “armed & dangerous.”

Aaron Sutton, 49, of Framingham, was arrested yesterday and is expected to be arraigned today, November 3, in Framingham District Court.

His older brother, Eugene Sutton Jr., 52, of Framingham, is still wanted by police.

Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan said he is considered “armed and dangerous” and should not be approached by members of the public.

The wanted brother is described as 5’8″, about 210 pounds, with black hair, brown eyes, and a scar and a tattoo of a double-barrel shotgun on his left forearm.

The District Attorney said he known to frequent downtown Framingham and the Boston area.

Both Aaron and Eugene Sutton face charges including murder, armed robbery, armed assault to murder and possession of a firearm.

On Saturday morning around 1 a.m., police were called to a Hayes Street home for a shooting. When police arrived, they discovered Eric Hargrett, 34, of Framingham, dead from a gunshot wound to the head.

The preliminary investigation indicated the two brothers had a phone conversation with Hargrett and agreed to meet with him at the Hayes Street residence.

The trio of men went inside the Hayes Street home, and a short time later, witnesses reported hearing a gunshot.

Based on witness interviews and surveillance video, police said the Suttons fled the residence after the shooting.

Hargrett was not a resident of the building and was located in a room rented by another man known to him.

Investigators subsequently developed information that Eugene Sutton had traveled to an Ashland residence after the shooting.

After executing a search warrant at that residence, police said they found a gun consistent with the one used in the murder.

Ryan said further investigation showed the Suttons robbed Hargrett of money, his phone and other items, and during a subsequent altercation.

The victim also was slashed at least twice before Eugene Sutton shot him in the head.

An autopsy conducted Sunday determined that Hargrett’s death was caused by the gunshot wound to the head and his manner of death was homicide.

Anyone with information on Eugene Sutton’s whereabouts is asked to call Framingham police at 508-872-1212.


email: call or text at 508-315-7176