- Today is the deadline to take register to take the Framingham Police Officer exam. The deadline to register is 9 a.m.
2. Project Beacon’s free COVID testing site at 123 Maple Street in the Framingham State University parking lot closed yesterday. The site was part of the Commonwealth’s Stop the Spread program.
A new site is being explored for the community but has yet to be announced. While the state is paying for the site, the City of Framingham has been tasked to identify a new location.
SOURCE is hearing the City is pushing for a testing site to return to the Parish Center at St. Tarcisius Church on Route 135 in Framingham. That testing site closed in June. It was not a drive-thru site but a walk-up site by appointment only.
3. All 3 of the City of Framingham’s public beaches are closed again today.
Last set of tests were conducted on August 4. Two of the 3 beaches have toxic blue algae and the third has high levels of e coli bacteria.
4. CITY of FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS:
- No full City Council tonight next meeting is August 17.
- Framingham City Council: Appointments Subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Framingham Board of Health meeting – 2 with just two members at 7 p.m. The Mayor has asked them to vote on an enforcement of the mask policy
- Framingham City Council: Planning & Zoning Subcommittee at 6 p.m. remotely.
5. According to the Mayor’s publicly posted schedule she will hold a community hour via Zoom with SMOC To discuss housing from 5 to 6 p.m.