- Today is National Nurses Day – It is a day to thank nurses and other healthcare workers for the hard work they do every day keeping patients healthy, especially after a year of stress and long hours caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
2. Spot paving repairs on Main Street, Walnut Street, and Warren Road will be conducted today. A one-lane alternating traffic pattern will be in effect for all paving operations. Please seek an alternate route.
3. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS:
- Framingham City Council: Finance Subcommittee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Planning Board at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Board of Library Trustees: Governance Subcommittee at 7 p.m.
4. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, she has no public events today.
Although NOT on her schedule, the Mayor is expected to attend the finance subcommittee meeting tonight to talk about her budget.
5. FLYERS in ACTION:
- Today is the season and home opener for the Framingham High baseball team.
“Mikayla Miller was a cherished daughter, friend, school mate and team member, and her future held so much potential. She deserved to be safe and to follow her dreams. I am devastated by her tragic death, and have held her mother, friends, family and loved ones in my heart since hearing the news. I understand that a lack of answers about her case is distressing, especially in a time of grieving, and I join the family and the community in support of a thorough and transparent investigation. I plan to attend the vigil tomorrow, and we should all remember and honor Mikayla’s life,” said Senate President Karen Spilka on Wednesday.