1 There is a Employment and Labor Market Update webinar tonight at 6 p.m. the employment and labor market update will be presented and then a panel discussion. Pre-registration is required to attend.
2. City of Framingham will hold a meeting on a potential dog park tonight at 7 p.m.
3. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings (all are remote unless noted).
- Framingham Conservation Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Parks & Recreation Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Historical Commission at 7:30 p.m.
- Framingham Historic District Commission at 7:30 p.m.
According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events.
4. For 8 consecutive weeks, the City of Framingham has been a red or high-risk community for the coronavirus. The state announced last week that it would extend free testing in the City of Framingham from October 31 to the end of the year. The City has been in high-risk status since the final week of August. Framingham Health Director Sam Wong wants every resident to get tested for the coronavirus.
UPDATED: The drive-thru free COVID testing site at Walsh Middle School is delayed today to due to rain, a tent is being pitched.
There is also a free testing site at SMOC HQ at 7 Bishop Street from 3 to 6 p.m. It is walk-up only with limited parking.
5. There is early voting for the November election today. Click here for more details. The election is one week from today on Tuesday, November 3. Yesterday, the City Clerk announced that there would be 24-hour police watching the drop off boxes in the city for ballots, after an arson attempted at a ballot box in Boston over the weekend.