FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham City Council is advertising for a new executive assistant.
The job was posted yesterday, September 17.
The position which requires some evening meetings, is a full-time position that pays between $53,627 to $69,371.00,
Under the general direction of the Council Chair, responsible to independently perform complex administrative duties in a municipal setting with little supervision, including the abilityto plan, direct manage and oversee the day to day operations and activities of the City Council office.
The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the public; coordinates assigned activities with other City Divisions/Departments and outside agencies. Individual must be a self-starter and be able to work a flexible schedule that includes attending various required evening and night meetings.
• Prepare a variety of materials for the City Council, including composing memos and correspondence, responses to questionnaires, resolutions, proclamations, certificates of appreciation and other documents.
• Assist members of the public with inquiries regarding the City Council and other public agencies, both in person and on the telephone, utilizing considerable independent tact and judgment disseminating information.
• Maintain meeting Calendar and room schedule for Council and Sub Committee meetings.
• Assembles background packages of information for distribution to the City Councilor’s and Sub Committee members.
• Responsible for assuring the department’s compliance with the Public Records and Open Meeting Laws.
• Coordinates posting of all legal notices, agendas, and publications as required.
• Processes all mail for the City Council and maintains an office filing system for the City CouncilOffice.
• Prepares meeting agendas and minutes in agenda management software for all Council, ad hoc and Subcommittee meetings
• Maintain a filing system for the City Council and staff.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
[broadstreet zone=”59982″][broadstreet zone=”59983″]
Applicants must have an Associate’s Degree required. Applicants should have 5 to 7 years of Administrative experience or related office preferred; experience working with computers; experience working with the public and responding to customer service requests or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prior experience with Massachusetts Open Meeting Laws and Public Records Laws/Federal Freedom of Information Act and Notary Public a plus.
Advanced knowledge of common municipal administration processes, general knowledge of the functions of municipal government highly desirable. Basic working knowledge of office administration and best practices, general office procedures, and applicable local, state, and federal laws. Knowledge of Massachusetts open meeting laws and public records. Some knowledge of laws and regulations pertinent to position functions within a municipal government setting.
Applicants should have the ability to interact effectively and appropriately within a fast-paced municipal environment. Must be able to multitask and work independently with little supervision. Position requires attention to details, ability to meet deadlines consistently and be very organized. Ability
to plan, organize and collaborate; ability to communicate effectively, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deal effectively with interruptions, often under considerable time constraints, ability to operate a computer and various programs.
Applicants should have excellent interpersonal customer service and organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Office applications. Knowledge of Munis and Accela government software highly desirable. Basic recordkeeping, mathematic and clerical skills are required.
The position interacts with other city departments, city businesses, the general public, and city officials. The position has access to department-related confidential and/or sensitive information including financial records, the disclosure of which would cause a significant breach of trust and seriously
damage the reputation of the department.
▪To apply visit www.framinghamma.gov/jobs