FRAMINGHAM – Jeanette M. Galliardt, who was an executive assistant to the last Board of Selectmen and the first-ever Framingham City Council, announced she will retire.
Her last day is August 31. She gave her notice on August 19.
The City of Framingham is now adverting for a temporary Executive Assistant to the City Council. The pay is $22 to $30 per hour.
The position is three to five days per week with flexible hours.
“Under the general direction of the Council Chair, performs responsible, complex administrative duties, including plan, direct manage and oversee, day to day activities of the City Council office. Serves as a liaison to the public; coordinate assigned activities with other City Divisions/Departments and outside agencies,” states the job description that was posted on Friday, August 21.
Essential Functions of the position include:
• Prepare a variety of materials for the City Council, including composing memos and correspondence, responses to questionnaires, resolutions, proclamations, certificates of appreciation and other documents.
• Assist members of the public with inquiries regarding the City Council and other public agencies, both in person and on the telephone, utilizing considerable independent tact and judgment disseminating information.
• Maintain meeting Calendar and room schedule for Council and Sub Committee meetings.
• Assembles background packages of information for distribution to the City Councilor’s and SubCommittee members.
• Responsible for assuring the department’s compliance with the Public Records and Open Meeting Laws.
• Coordinates posting of all legal notices, agendas, and publications as required.
• Processes all mail for the City Council and maintains an office filing system for the City Council Office.
• Prepares meeting agendas and minutes in agenda management software for all Council, ad hoc and Subcommittee meetings
• Maintain a filing system for the City Council and staff.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The position works under the direct supervision of the City Council Chair.
An Associate’s Degree required for all applicants.
Applicants should have 5 to 7 years of Administrative experience or related office preferred; experience working with computers; experience working with the public and responding to customer service requests or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience with Massachusetts Open Meeting Laws and Public Records Laws/Federal Freedom of Information Act and Notary Public a plus.
▪ Work is performed under typical office conditions; work environment is moderately noisy.
▪ Operates an automobile, computer, calculator, telephone, copier, facsimile machine, and other standard office equipment.
▪ Interacts with other city departments, city businesses, the general public, and city officials.
▪ Has access to department-related confidential and/or sensitive information including financial records, the disclosure of which would cause a significant breach of trust and seriously damage the reputation of the department.
▪ Errors in judgment could result in department errors, lower standards of service to the community, monetary loss or legal repercussions and possible negative public relations for both the department and the city.
To apply visit www.framinghamma.gov/jobs