1 Tune in at 7 p.m. to see Tonks, of Tonks and the Aurors, play a live show. Tonks and the Aurors is a wizard rock band, performing music about Harry Potter. They have traveled all over North America and Europe singing about their favorite wizard. Tonks’ discography now includes more fantastical tunes drawing inspiration from YA classics like The Hunger Games and the Percy Jackson series. Tonks will be streamed on Facebook live, thanks to the Framingham Public Library.
2. City of Framingham meetings (all meetings will be held remotely unless noted):
- Framingham Board of Assessors at 5:15 p.m.
- Framingham School Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham EDIC at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Conservation Commission at 7 pm.
- Framingham Cultural Council at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Library Trustees at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Zoning Board of Appeals at 7 p.m.
3. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events.
4. Today is National Potato Day.
5. The MIAA COVID-19 Task Force has set a tentative calendar for the playing of high school sports for the 2020-2021 school year. The calendar will be sent to the MIAA board of directors today, August 19 for approval. The fall sports season will start on September 14, with some sports being allowed to play. No football. Recommended sports are boys & girls soccer, boys & girls cross-country, Fall Gymnastics, Field Hockey, girls Volleyball, Golf, and Swim & Dive. That season will run through November 20.