By Framingham State athletics
NORTH ADAMS – The Framingham State University baseball used a six-run fourth inning to open up a seven-run lead as the Rams defeated MCLA 9-6 in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at the Zavatarro Athletic Complex in North Adams.
Framingham State is now 14-9 and 5-2 in the MASCAC
MCLA drops to 7-15 and is now 1-6 in the MASCAC
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the board first in their first at bat of the game. Ryan Boyle delivered an RBI single and Steven Burbank scored on a wild pitch for the 2-0 lead.
- The Trailblazers cut the gap in half with a run in the bottom of the first.
- The Rams opened up an 8-1 lead with six in the fourth. Cam Gilroy and Boyle each delivered two run singles in the inning.
- The Trailblazers scored two in the bottom of the fourth and two in the bottom of the fifth closing the gap to 8-5.
- Each team would add a run in the ninth to reach the final margin with Gilroy delivering a sacrifice fly for the Rams.
- Vincent LoGuidice earned the victory for the Rams going six innings, allowing five earned runs on nine hits with three strikeouts and two walks. Anthony Panza earned the save, tossing three innings in relief allowing one earned run on three hits.
UP NEXT: The two teams are back in action Saturday when they play a pair of games in Framingham beginning at 1 p.m.