By Framingham State athletics
BUZZARDS BAY – The Framingham State University softball team swept a doubleheader with Mass. Maritime Sunday afternoon by scores of 17-0 in five innings and 14-9 in a Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) softball doubleheader at Alison Rollins Field.
Framingham State is now 11-7, 2-0 MASCAC)
Mass. Maritime is now 10-10, 0-2 MASCAC)
- In the opener, the Rams got on the board with five runs in the top of the first and never looked back.
- Talia Duca finished the game 2-for3 at the plate with a double, a triple, a run scored and three RBI, while Camille Desrochers picked up a pair of hits, scored three runs and drove in two.
- Gwendolyn Carpenter added two hits, two runs scored and two RBI, while Olyvia Mendonca went 2-for-2 with two doubles and an RBI.
- Ally Moran earned the victory in the circle going four innings allowing no runs on one hit with five strikeouts. Mendonca tossed an inning of scoreless relief without allowing a hit.
- In game two, the Rams took a 1-0 lead in the top of the first, but the Bucs countered with four in the bottom of the inning to lead 4-1.
- The Rams would use a single run in the second, five in the third and another run in the fourth to take an 8-4 lead. Mass. Maritime retook the lead with five in the bottom of the inning.
- The Rams closed the game with two in the sixth and four in the seventh to secure the victory.
- Moran once again earned the victory in the circle throwing four innings of scoreless relief allowing just one hit with five strikeouts.
- Brooke Grassia recorded four hits in the game for the Rams including a triple with three runs scored and two RBI, while Duca once again recorded a pair of hits and drove in three.
The Rams are back in action Tuesday when they host Emmanuel for a pair of games beginning at 3 p.m.