By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University women’s lacrosse team was defeated this afternoon by Babson College by a score of 21-9 in non-conference action Thursday afternoon at Maple Street Field in Framingham.
Babson improves to 3-5 overall.
Rams drop to 4-5 overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Babson got on the board first when Amelia Novitch found the back of the net just over two minutes into the game, bu the Rams answered with a goal from Hannah Guerin tying the game at 1-1.
- Babson closed the first quarter with five straight goals and led 6-1 after one.
- The Rams cut the deficit to 6-3 with a pair of goals from Rachel Erickson to start the second period. Babson used goals from Emily Curtis and Erin Jayne to pushe the lead to 8-3 with just under five to play in the half.
- The Rams received a goal from Leah Green and the Beavers a tally from Nicole Darveau to send the game to half with Babson leading 9-4.
- The Rams closed the gap to four, 11-7, after back-to-back goals from Guerin midway through the third, but Babsom responded with a 4-0 pushing the lead to 15-7. Madison Skiff scored an unassisted tally for the Rams to cut the deficit to 15-8 after three.
- The Beavers outscored the Rams 6-1 in the final period to secure the victory.
- Guerin finished the game with three goals for the Rams, while Erickson finished the day with two goals and two helpers.
- The Beavers were led by four goals and two assists from Curtis, while Jayne finished the day with three goals and three helpers.
- Alexis Burleigh made six saves for the Rams, while Kathleen Murphy made 10 stops for the Beavers.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action Saturday afternoon when they travel to Fitchburg State at 6 p.m.