1 Today is the first day of Spring!
The Farmers’ Almanac said the Vernial Equinox will arrive at 5:24 p.m. in the Northern Hemisphere.
2. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings (remote unless otherwise noted):
- Framingham Library Board of Library Trustees: Advocacy Subcommittee at 4:30 p.m.
- Framingham Community Preservation Committee at 7 p.m.
3. Framingham Dual Language Parent Advisory Council at 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Instructional Framework Presentation by Assistant Superintendent Amy Bright on Instructional Framework
4. Framingham Public Library events:
- Seed library opens today. There is an event tonight at the Christa McAuliffe Library.
- Rock painting at the SparkLab
- Rainbow spinners workshop at the main Framingham Library
5. Today is World Storytelling Day.
“On World Storytelling Day, as many people as possible tell and listen to stories in as many languages and at as many places as possible, during the same day and night. Participants tell each other about their events in order to share stories and inspiration, to learn from each other and create international contacts. The significance in the event lies in the fact that it is the first global celebration of storytelling of its kind, and has been important in forging links between storytellers often working far apart from each other. It has also been significant in drawing public and media attention to storytelling as an art form.”