5 Things You Need To Know Today in Framingham: St. Patrick’s Day 2023
1 Happy St. Patrick’s Day.
While it is Lent season and it is Friday, the Boston’s archbishop has granted Catholics a Lent exemption from meatless Friday on St. Patrick’s Day to celebrate the Irish way with corned beef, potatoes, and cabbage.
2. Tonight is the final performance of the Framingham High School Drama Company’s show Machinal tonight at the high school.
The drama company’s entry into the Massachusetts Educational Theatre Guild’s state drama festival did not advance out of the preliminary round.
3. Last night, Mayor Charlie Sisitsky, Superintendent of Schools Bob Tremblay. the School Committee’s finance subcommittee, and the City Council’s finance subcommittee had a joint meeting to discuss the Framingham Public School District’s proposed $165 million budget for the 2023-24 school year.
It is an almost $11 million increase from this current budget or about a 7.5% increase. The budget would add more than 50 new positions to the school district.
4. Just a reminder that City Hall closes on Fridays at 12:30 p.m.
5. Framingham Public Library events:
- Veterans Coffee this morning at 10 at the Christa McAuliffe Library branch
- TOMORROW – Friends of the Framingham Library book sale
BONUS: The 40th annual Troop 12 pancake breakfast on Saturday, March 18. Click here for more details.