By Framingham State athletics
WELLESLEY – The Framingham State University women’s lacrosse team opened the 2023 season this afternoon with a 17-2 victory over Wellesley College at Butler Stadium.
Framingham State Rams are now 1-0 on the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Framingham State utilized free position shots early on to take a 4-0 lead with two goals from Erickson. You scored for the Blue at 2:46 of the first on a bounce in shot.
- The Rams extended their lead to 11-1 by the half and kept their foot on the gas throughout the second half.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Rachel Erickson and Hannah Guerin combined for 11 goals for the Rams while Regan Fein recorded four assists. Erickson found the back of the net six times with Guerin totaling five.
- Leah Gree scored three times for the Rams, while Hailey Baker found the back of the net twice.
- Ashley You scored both the goals for the Blue in addition to earning six draw controls.
- Isabella DiMare stopped five shots in goal while Alex Burleigh saved three for Framingham State. Hannah Pangborn saved eight shots for the Blue.
- Framingham State outshot Wellesley 30-11 with 13 free position shots, converting on 11. Framingham had 15 ground balls to Wellesley’s 11.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action on Friday night when they host Plymouth State at 5 p.m.