Town of Natick Advertising for Payroll Manager
NATICK – The Town of Natick is looking for an organized and motivated payroll professional to join its Finance team as the payroll manager.
This position works under the general direction of the Comptroller and is responsible for the Town payroll. The ideal candidate will be a flexible self-starter, eager to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities.
The Payroll Manager prepares and processes the payroll for all Town and school employees and prepares W-2 and 1095 and other payroll related State and Federal reports. Other duties include:
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll for all Town of Natick employees including the School Department;
- Verification of payrolls received from Town agencies and departments, inputs payroll into system for the purpose of producing payroll reports and payroll checks;
- Posts payroll information to appropriate journals; maintains employees withholding information; prepares pay data for retirement board;
- Provides information on wages and benefits to employees, when requested;
- Maintains employee sick/vacation benefit data
A complete job description of job duties for the Payroll Manager is available upon request.
The ideal candidate will have an Associates’ Degree with a minimum of five (5) years payroll experience and/ or a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business, or related subject along with a minimum of three (3) years of payroll experience and exceptional Excel skills. Knowledge of MUNIS payroll is a plus.
This position is Grade 2 of the town’s pay plan with a salary range of $75,000 to $85,000; actual salary is dependent upon qualifications.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, along with their resume, and three professional references in a single pdf to email@example.com or to Director of Human Resources, Town of Natick, 13 East Central Street, Natick, MA 01760.