By Framingham State athletics
PLYMOUTH, NEW HAMPSHIRE – The Framingham State University ice hockey team was defeated 6-1 Saturday night, January 21, on the road by conference leader Plymouth State University in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Plymouth State Ice Arena.
Plymouth State remains undefeated in the conference at 11-0 and is 14-3-1 overall.
Framingham State falls to 4-12-1 overall and 3-8-1 in the MASCAC
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Panthers jumped out to the early lead with a goal from Niks Krollis just under a minute into the game.
- The Panthers led 2-0 after one after a tally from Connor Tait with just over three to play in the frame.
- Plymouth extended the lead to 3-0 with a goal in the opening minutes of the second, but the Rams closed the gap to 3-1 after a power play goal from Johnny Baker off feeds from Patrick Colgan and Dylan Marty with just under five to play in the second.
- Plymouth added three more in the third to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Blake Carlson took the loss in net for the Rams making 47 saves, while Brendhn Brawley earned the victory making 25 stops.
- The Panthers held a 53-26 edge in shots and both teams converted once on the power play in the game.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action on Tuesday when they travel to New England College for a non-league game at 7 p.m.