FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham Cultural Council (FCC) announced today, January 21, it has awarded 33 grants to individuals, groups, and institutions for projects that will promote the cultural life of the city in the year ahead.
The total amount of funds awarded for 2023 was $48,194.
The grants will support, fully or in part, a wide-ranging series of programs, events, and enterprises from the fields of drama, music, dance, children’s literature, history, education, nature, and more.
Funds are provided annually to the cities and towns of the Commonwealth by the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) to support the arts, sciences, and humanities. For the current year, the Framingham Cultural Council received an allocation of $44,700 from the MCC and 42 applications for consideration.
Priority was given to those requests that would clearly serve residents of the City of Framingham and were aligned with the mission of the FCC to support projects in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences. Special consideration was given to proposals that would benefit underrepresented or underserved segments of the population, positively impact various neighborhoods, and contribute to an understanding and appreciation of the cultural diversity of Framingham.
A highly visible project that was initiated in 2022 and that will continue this year is the Framingham Centre Common Cultural District’s “Many Cultures One Heart,” which received a 2023 grant to develop a marketing campaign and design a scavenger hunt, said the Framingham Cultural council in a press release.
- A Common Thread Theatre Company, Inc.: Tick Tick Boom!
- Amazing Things Arts Center, Inc.: Firehouse Dinner and Movie Nights
- Barbieri Elementary School: Honk! Jr. presented by Barbieri Drama Club
- Boys and Girls Clubs of MetroWest, Inc.: Summer Brain Gain
- Brophy Elementary School: Multicultural Fair
- Christa McAuliffe Branch Library: Summer Reading: Find Your Voice! / ¡Encuentra Tu Voz!
- City of Framingham Parks & Recreation Department: Framingham Friday Night Concert Series
- Costarelli, Eve: I Am: Yoga, Creativity and Community
- Driscoll, Kevin H.: Paul Revere & Friends
- Framingham Centre Common Cultural District: Many Cultures One Heart Marketing Campaign & Scavenger Hunt
- Framingham Garden Club, Inc: Gardening to Support Nature
- Framingham Public Library: Concerts 2023
- Framingham Public Library: Summer Reading: Find Your Voice! / ¡Encuentra Tu Voz!
- Framingham State University: Adventures in Lifelong Learning
- Hoops and Homework, Inc.: Music at Hoops
- Martell, Scott: Magic Show by Scott Martell
- Massachusetts Educational Theater Guild, Inc.: The Massachusetts High School & Middle School Drama Festivals
- MUSIC Dance.edu: Hip Hop Chair Dance for Seniors!
- MUSIC Dance.edu: I am Autistic I am Fantastic
- Native Plant Trust, Inc.: Plant Communities of Massachusetts
- Performing Arts Center of MetroWest: SUMMER INTENSIVES
- Schare, Susan: The Framingham Brain Food Project
- South Middlesex Opportunity Council, Inc.: Walnut Hill School for the Arts: Mini Walnuts Program at the Framingham Community Center
- South Middlesex Opportunity Council, Inc.: Community Kiln FCC Arts Program
- The Dorothy and Charles Mosesian Center for the Arts: Arts Access with ASL: MCA’s WCT ASL Storytime & Creativity Workshop
- The Heritage Chorale Spring Concert
- The Callahan Center: 2023 Cultural Arts Series
- The Callahan Center: Our History, Our World 2023
- Voices of MetroWest, Inc.: Trial Educational Tool – ChoralTracks
- Walsh Middle School: Museum of Fine Arts 8th Grade Field Trip
- York, Matt: The Highwaymen Songs & Stories
- Zaino, Nick: 100 Years of Boston Comedy