1 FLYERS IN action:
- Framingham High boys basketball lost its season opener to Natick High on the road.
- Framingham High girls defeated Natick High to go 2-0 on the season, SOURCE will have a report later this morning.
- Framingham High girls ice hockey opens the season tonight at Loring Arena against rival Natick High at 6 p.m.
- Framingham High boys ice hockey opens the season tonight in Natick against the Red Hawks at Chase Arena at 7:40 p.m.
- Flyers co-ed wrestling today at Milton at 6 p.m.
- Framingham High boys swim & dive team has a meet in Wayland today against Wayland and the Tigers of Newton North. It is their season opener.
2. Today is the 10th anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Connecticut. There was a vigil last night at Edwards Church. City Councilors George P. King Jr. and Tracey Bryant attended along with about a dozen others. SOURCE will have a report later today.
3. The MetroWest Chamber of Commerce is holding a legislative reception tonight at the Sheraton Hotel & Conference Center. Tickets are $20 for members and $30 for non members. Mayor Charlie Sisitsky is expected to attend.
4. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings (remote unless otherwise noted):
- Framingham School Committee: Teaching and Learning Subcommittee at 4 p.m.
- Barbieri School Council at 8 a.m. at the school in person
- Stapleton Elementary School Council at 6 p.m.
- .Framingham Parks and Recreation Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Sustainability Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham City Council: Education, Library, Arts & Culture, Elder & Veteran Services Subcommittee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Cultural Council at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Historical Commission at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Agricultural Advisory Committee at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Zoning Board of Appeal at 7 p.m.
- Framingham Historic District Commission at 7:30 p.m.
5. Gateway Camera Club and the Framingham Public Library have teamed up for a camera workshop. Join Joni and Fred from the Gateway Camera Club as they share how to take your smartphone pictures to the next level with the features on your phone and a few free apps! Some focus is on iPhones, but all smartphones are welcome! Starts at 7 p.m. at the main Framingham Public Library in the Costin room.