Share, email, print, bookmark SOURCE reports.

[broadstreet zone=”52386″]

FRAMINGHAM -The Chapel Hill Apartment complex Route 9 was evacuated this evening, December 10 around 4 p.m.

Framingham Fire Deputy Chief Nader Hamed said the carbon monoxide (CO) alarms were going off in the building, so the entire building was evacuated.

It was determined that some contractors working outside with generators, were the cause.

There are renovations happening at one of the garages on site for the apartment complex.

“The CO from the generators got inside and set off some of the alarms,” said the Deputy Fire Chief.

No one went to the hospital, said Deputy Fire Chief Hamed.

[broadstreet zone=”59982″]

Initially, firefighters evacuated the whole building, but then left everyone except the “far right side of B” back in.

Once that area was ventilated, all resident were allowed back in, said Deputy Chief Hamed.

No one was displaced, said the Framingham Deputy Fire Chief.

[broadstreet zone=”59947″]

Chapel Hill Apartments is located at 1500 Worcester Road in Framingham

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is an colorless, odorless, tasteless, flammable gas.

It can be produced by appliances fueled with oil, liquefied petroleum (LP gas), natural gas, coal, kerosene, or wood.

High levels of CO2 can cause headaches. very high levels can cause dizziness, weariness, and mental changes.

Very concentrated CO may cause the victim to pass out without feeling any of these symptoms.

[broadstreet zone=”59983″]

By editor

Susan Petroni is the former editor for SOURCE. She is the founder of the former news site, which as of May 1, 2023, is now a self-publishing community bulletin board. The website no longer has a journalist but a webmaster.