By Framingham State athletics
SMITHFIELD, RHODE ISLAND – The Framingham State University men’s basketball team squared off against Division I Bryant University Monday evening in an exhibition game at the Chace Athletic Center with the Bulldogs coming away with a 98-44 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams, who hung tight in the first half, were led by 10 points, four rebounds and two assists from Bryan Thompson.
- Julius Goines chipped in with nine points, eight rebounds and a block, while JD Okafor and Keyshon Saunders chipped in with four points apiece.
- Bryant received a game-high 19 points from Antwan Walker, while Earl Timberlake added 17 and eight rebounds.
- The Bulldogs jumped out to the early lead leading 16-2 just over five minutes into the game, but the Rams used a 7-1 run over the next five minutes to close the gap to eight (17-9).
- The two teams would trade points over the next three minutes before Bryant closed the half with a run and took a 40-26 lead into the locker room.
- Goines delivered the highlight of the second half three minutes into the frame as he snagged a rebound off a free throw and drove down the right side capping the play with a highlight reel dunk over Bryant’s Antwan Walker.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action Thursday night when they host Lesley at 7 p.m.