By Framingham State athletics
SPRINGFIELD – The Framingham State University men’s basketball team was defeated 78-68 Saturday afternoon by Centenary in the Consolation Game of the 2022 Western New England Tip-Off Tournament in Springfield.
The Rams drop to 2-3 overall.
Centenary improves to 2-2 overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams were led offensively by JD Okafor who tallied a team-best 23 points with five rebounds. Okafor connected on 7-of-8 from the floor and 9-of-10 from the line.
- Julius Goines chipped in with 14 points as he connected on 5-of-7 from the field to goa along with two rebounds, an assist and a block.
- Jahden Erold finished the game with seven points and six rebounds for the Rams, while Josh Dumay, Ivan Nyantenji and Tevin Charles finished with six points apiece.
- Centenary received a game-best 33 points from Billy Veras who connected on 12-of-20 from the floor.
- Shawn Falk added 18 points, six rebounds, three assists and three steals, while Harrison Lucibello added 11 points, five boards and five assists.
- The Rams shot 50% from the floor in the game, but just 24% from behind the arc, while Centenary connected on 48% from the field and 47% from behind the arc.
The Rams are back in action on Tuesday night when they travel to Regis at 7 p.m.