By Framingham State athletics
MILTON – The Framingham State University men’s basketball team opened the season with a 73-61 road victory over Curry College Thursday evening in non-conference action at Katz Gymnasium in Milton.
Framingham State is now 1-0, while Curry College falls to 0-2.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Rams jumped out to the lead early, but Curry battled back tying the game 20-20 with just under nine to play in the opening half. 30-29
- The two teams traded points and the lead over the next eight minutes. Trailing 30-29, the Rams closed the half with an 11-2 run taking a 40-32 lead into the locker room.
- In the second half, the Rams opened the half with a 10-0 run capped by a JD Okafor free throw extending the lead to 50-32 with just under 16 on the clock.
- The Rams extended the lead to as many as 22 in the second half on jumper from Jaleen Carroll as they went on to secure the victory in the season opener.
- Okafor paced the Rams with a team-high 20 points on 7-of-14 from the field to go along with eight rebounds, two assists and two steals.
- Bryan Thompson chipped in with 13 points on 4-of-6 from the floor including 2-of-2 from long range. Thompson added six board and five assists.
- Julius Goines finished the game with 11 points and six rebounds for the Rams, while Jahden Erold chipped in with 10 points, eight boards and three assists.
UP NEXT: The Rams are back in action at home on Saturday night when they host Eastern Nazarene at 7 p.m.