By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University volleyball team opened the day defeating Fitchburg State University 3-0 in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action before falling 3-0 to Mount Holyoke in a non-conference contest at Logan Gymnasium in Framingham. The Lyons defeated Fitchburg State 3-0 in the other match of the day.
Framingham State 3, Fitchburg State 0 (25-15, 26-24, 25-22)
Mount Holyoke 3, Fitchburg State 0 (25-19, 25-18, 25-10)
Mount Holyoke 3, Framingham State 0 (25-11, 25-22, 25-16)
The Rams improve to 14-10 overall and 4-1 in the MASCAC)
Fitchburg State is now 3-13 overall and 0-5 in the MASCAC)
Mount Holyoke is now 8-10
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Rams took the day’s opening match by scores of 25-15, 26-24 and 25-22 over the Falcons.
- Framingham State was led on the attack by 13 kills and five blocks, including four solo, from Hailey Sanders.
- Anna Szymanski just missed a double double with her nine kills and 11 defensive digs, while Kiana Jones also chipped in with nine kills.
- Malia Shields finished the match with 18 digs, while Stella Bailey and Isabel Henwood combined for 25 set assists.
- The Falcons were led by 14 kills and 12 digs from Stephanie Sardella, while Samantha Mirra chipped in with seven kills and 12 digs.
- Emily Galinas added 12 assists and Meredith Taylor chipped in with 13 and six digs.
- The Lyons swept the Falcons in the second match of the day by scores of 25-19, 25-18 and 25-10.
- The Lyons were led on the attack in the match by six kills apiece from Elle Rimando and Marion Abeja. Abeja also chipped in with nine digs and a pair of blocks.
- Lucie Berclaz paced the backrow with 25 defensive digs and five service aces, while Sadie Duffrin chipped in with 20 set assists.
- The Falcons received six kills and 14 digs from Sardella in the match, while Catherine Goodearl and Samantha Mirra added 10 digs apiece.
- The Lyons completed the sweep of the tri-match defeating the Rams 25-11, 25-22 and 25-16.
- The Lyons were led by a double double of 13 kills and 10 digs from Madeline Barton, while Abeja finished the match with 10 kills on 26 attempts to go along with four digs and two assists.
- Mar Simon led the defensive effort with 18 digs, while Berclaz finished the match with 13.
- Duffrin chipped in with 34 set assists and 11 digs for the Lyons.
- The Rams received eight kills from Sanders, while Szymanski finished the match with seven kills and 12 digs.
- Bailey finished the match with 10 assists and three aces, while Emily Flaherty chipped in with nine digs and Carly Beaulieu added eight.
The Rams are back in action Monday night when they host Dean at 7:15 p.m.