By Framingham State athletics
BUZZARDS BAY – The Framingham State women’s soccer team defeated Mass. Maritime in MASCAC action by a score of 1-0 Friday evening.
Framingham State improves to 3-10-1 overall. The Rams are 3-2 in the MASCAC
Mass Maritime drops to 1-7-3 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The teams played to a 0-0 draw for all of 67 minutes before the Rams found a way through in the 68th minute to win the match, 1-0.
- The Buccaneers took seven shots in the game, none on target. Julia Podchaiski took two of the seven shots for Maritime.
- Goalkeeper Raegan Kerecz made two saves in net and allowed the lone Rams goal.
- For the Rams, Cathryn Cooney scored the game winner in the 68th minute. Grayson Tellier was credited with the assist. That was one of only three shots on target in the game for the Rams, they took nine in total.
- Goalkeeper Jetta Oskirko earned the shutout win in net for the Rams.
The Rams return to action on Friday evening when they host Worcester State in MASCAC action.