By Framingham State athletics
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT – Framingham State graduate student Bryce Nardizzi scored a tie-breaking goal in the 80th minute to lead the Rams to a 4-3 win over Trinity College Tuesday evening in Hartford.
Framingham State improves to 9-3-1 overall.
Trinity College is now 0-7-3 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams opened scoring in the 7th minute when Gabriel Padilla finished off a pass from Kunphel Sinha for the early lead.
- The hosts scored twice to take the lead from there. James Donaldon scored in the 14thminute followed by a 21st minute goal from Nicholas Bellak.
- The Rams answered near the end of the frame when Sherak Ayamga scored after being setup by Bryce Nardizzi to tie the game at two.
- The Rams scored early in the 2ndhalf on a Kunphel Sinha goal in the 53rd minute but the Bantams answered five minutes later with another Donaldson score.
- Bryce Nardizzi scored the game winner about 20 minutes later.
- Jake Hartshorn made three saves in the win for the Rams. Bernardo Simoes made five saves in goal for Trinity.
- Framingham State outshot Trinity 13-to-8 and held the advantage in corner kicks 7-to-3.
The Rams return to action on Saturday morning when they host Mass. Maritime in MASCAC play at 10 a.m.