By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State field hockey team defeated Bridgewater State in Little East Conference play by a score of 5-1 on a rainy Wednesday evening at Maple Street Field.
Framingham State Rams improve to 5-4 overall and get their first win in the Conference.
Bridgewater falls to 1-8 overall and 0-4 in the Conference.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the 12th minute Kennedy St. Pierre sent in a long strike that was settled by Natalia Roehr and tucked inside the right post for the 1-0 lead.
- In the 19th minute, Corlene Guenard chipped in a strike from St. Pierre and a few moments later Abby Clark sent in a strike from the top of the circle to put the Rams up three scores.
- In the 23rd minute the Bears got on the board when Brianna Gagnon found the back of the cage to send the teams into the break with the Rams up 3-1.
- The Rams opened up scoring in the second half when Brandi Core tipped in a strike from Guenard in the 34th minute.
- Kaylee Beck scored the game’s final goal in the final minute.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Ashley Hamelin made twelve stops in net while Kaitlin Loughlin earned the shutout for the Rams.
- The Rams outshot the Bears 24-to-6 including a 15-to-2 mark in the first half.
- The hosts led in penalty corners 7-to-6.
The Rams return to action on Saturday, October 8th when they host UMass Dartmouth in a LEC matchup. The Bears will travel to Salem State for Little East action on the same day.