By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State men’s soccer team defeated Eastern Nazarene by a score of 3-2 in non-conference action Tuesday evening at Maple Street Field on the campus of Framingham State University.
Framingham State improves to 7-3-1.
Eastern Nazarene drops to 1-5-4.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the scoreboard in the 19th minute when Bryce Nardizzi sent a corner kick towards the top of the box where Jared Nardizzi sent in a strike that slipped through the grasp of Lions keeper Lucas Batz to put the Rams ahead.
- In the 26th minute the Rams struck again when Gustav Hemmingsen chipped a pass over to Gabriel Padilla who bent one inside the right post to send the teams into the break with the Rams leading 2-0.
- In the 67th minute Jorge Gonzalez scored with the helper coming from Clide Neau.
- The Rams answered about five minutes later when Kunphel Sinha headed in Bryce Nardizzi’s corner to push the lead back to two scores.
- Bryan Vargas scored in the 83rd minute to cut the deficit back to one goal but the Rams would keep the Lions from scoring in the final moments to secure the win.
- Batz made five stops in net for Eastern Naz.
- Jake Hartshorn made five saves earning the win in net for the Rams.
- The Rams outshot the visitors 17-to-14 and were awarded six corner kicks to the Lions five.
The Rams return to action on Friday when they track out to MCLA for MASCAC action. Eastern Nazarene hosts New England College on Saturday afternoon.