By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University volleyball team received 22 kills from Anna Szymanski as the Rams defeated New England College 3-1 this evening in non-conference action at Logan Gymnasium on the campus of Framingham State University.
Framingham State 3, New England College 1 (25-20, 25-21, 22-25, 25-13)
Framingham State Rams improve to 11-7 overall.
New England College falls to 7-12.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
· The Rams took the first two sets 25-20 and 25-21 before New England College cam from behind to take the third 25-22. The Rams opened a 6-0 lead in the fourth and never looked back en route to the 25-13 victory in the fourth.
· Szymanski paced the Rams with 22 kills on 30 attempts with a .300 attack percentage to go along with eight defensive digs.
· Hailey Sanders chipped in with 11 kills, three digs and three blocks in the match, while Stella Bailey added 21 set assists and nine digs with three aces.
· Isabel Henwood contributed 10 assists and 14 digs, while Emily Flaherty added 13 digs.
· The Pilgrims were led by nine kills apiece from Livia Elfering and Tatiana Sampson.
· Samantha Vargas chipped in with six kills and 12 defensive digs, while Jaycie Kodama added 13 digs and two assists and two aces.
· Ariana Blaize Llamas handed out 17 assists with eight digs, while Alison Hays added 11 and four digs.
The Rams are back in action Thursday when they host Regis at 7 p.m., while the Pilgrims host Plymouth State on Thursday at 6 p.m.