Posted at 4:48 p.m. Updated at 8:08 p.m.
FRAMINGHAM – Fire Department extinguished a chimney fire this afternoon, October 1, on Pleasant Street
“Fire was contained to the chimney. No extension inside the house at 969 Pleasant Street,” said Deputy Chief Kurt O’Rourke.
“Great job by group 2, Engine 1, Tower 1, Engine 7, Rescue 1,” said the Deputy Chief.
“Home owner did a good job calling us right away,” said Deputy Chief O’Rourke.
This is a good reminder to your chimney swept on a regular basis. They were scheduled to have their chimney done later this month, said the Fire Department.