By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – Framingham State’s Lachlan Forgan drilled a 30-yard strike under the crossbar in the 42nd minute to lead the Rams to a 1-0 win over Salem State in a pivotal MASCAC contest Saturday afternoon at Maple Street Field in Framingham
Framingham State remains undefeated in the Conference at 3-0 and improves to 6-3-1 overall.
Salem State is now 5-4-1 overall. The Vikings suffered their first loss in the Conference and are now 2-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Forgan’s 42nd minute goal was the only score of the contest.
- The Rams defense held the Vikings to just five shots and only one shot on net. Jake Hartshorn made one stop to earn the shut out for the Rams.
- Matt Hauntsman made seven saves in the loss for Salem State
- The Rams led 16-to-5 in shots and took 8 corner kicks to the Vikings three.
- The physical contest saw 27 fouls and seven cautions.
The Rams return to action on Tuesday when they host Eastern Nazarene.
The Vikings will host Castleton on the same day.