By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University volleyball team cruised to a 3-0 straight set victory over Massachusetts Maritime Academy this evening in a Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) match at the Logan Gymnasium in Framingham
Framingham State 3, Mass. Maritime 0 (25-19, 25-19, 25-7)
Framingham State improves to 10-4 overall and 2-0 in the Conference.
Massachusetts Maritime drops to 2-8, 0-3 MASCAC
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Rams jumped out to a 13-5 lead in the opening frame before the Bucs rattled off an 8-2 run pulling to within two at 15-13. The Rams closed the frame with a run of their own taking the set 25-19.
- In the second, the Rams led 8-3 before the Bucs once again closed the gap to two (8-6). The Rams once again with a run of their own pushing the lead to 13-7 and eventually taking the set 25-19.
- The Rams started the third with six straight points and opened a 15-3 lead. The Rams took the frame 25-7 to secure the three-set victory.
- The Rams were led on the attack in the match by Hailey Sanders who tallied 12 kills on 24 attempts with just two errors for a .417 attack percentage.
- Anna Szymanski chipped in with 11 kills and 13 digs, while Carly Beaulieu finished the match with 13 digs, four assists and two aces.
- Stella Bailey chipped in with 13 set assists, while Isabel Henwood finished with 11 assists, four kills and eight digs.
- The Bucs were led on the attack by six kills from Alexa Smith, whil Marlo Stark chipped in with five kills and 11 digs.
- Chloe Johnson also added five kills, while Shayla Narodowg chipped in with four.
- Keira Whalen finished the match with 18 set assists and 14 digs, while Isabelle Miazga chipped in with 12.
The Rams are back in action on Friday night when they host MCLA for a MASCAC match beginning at 6 p.m., the Bucs are back in action on Saturday with a non-league tri-match with Lesley and New England College.