By Framingham State athletics
WESTFIELD – The Framingham State University men’s soccer team received a pair of goals and an assist from Bryce Nardizzi as the Rams defeated Westfield State University 6-1 in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference action at Alumni Field in Westfield on Saturday, September 16.
Framingham State is now 3-2-1 overall and 1-0 MASCAC)
Westfield State is now 0-5-2 and winless in the Conference at 0-5.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Nardizzi got the scoring started with a penalty kick in the 29th minute after he was fouled at the top of the penalty area, firing to the right of the goal for the score.
- Nardizzi added his second of the day just 3:48 before halftime when the Owls misplayed a ball in front of their own goal.
- Gustav Hemmingson and Gabriel Padilla added tallies for the Rams early in the second half, before Westfield State got on the scoreboard with 34 minutes left in the match as Matt Allen ran on to the deflection of Carter Hebert’s shot an punched it across the goal line. The Owls Bryant Keeney also picked up an assist on the play, starting the action with a good pass into to Hebert on the right side.
- Emilo Ticas added a goal for the Rams, and an own goal after Christian Dinis’ hard cross deflected off an Owls’ defender capped the scoring.
- James Hartshorn made three saves for Framingham before giving way to Joseph Sturzo early in the second half. Westfield got 10 saves from Emilio Mancuso before he got relief from Drew Adams late in the match.
The Rams are back in action Tuesday when they travel to Middlebury for a non-league game at 4 p.m.