By Framingham State athletics
FRANKLIN – Framingham State’s Corlene Guenard registered her second straight hat-trick en route to a 9-1 win over Dean on Thursday afternoon in Franklin.
Framingham State is now 2-1.
Dean College is still seeking its first win of the season at 0-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams were led by Guenard who finished with three goals and an assist. Sophomore Angelina Serra added a pair of goals, while first-year Kennedy St. Pierre and junior Isabella Kondi each contributed a goal and an assist.
- Senior Jada Fields notched her first career goal to account for Dean’s lone tally.
- After a scoreless first quarter, the Rams put three on the board in the second to lead by that many at halftime.
- Framingham State turned in a strong third quarter by scoring five times, including three by Guenard.
- The Bulldogs got on the board in the fourth quarter when a penalty corner set up a great scoring chance. Junior Meredith Landers found the stick of Fields who deposited Dean’s first goal in the back of the cage.
- Framingham State added a late goal to make the final 9-1 in favor of the visitors.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Dean first-year goalie Allie Stockwell finished with an impressive 23 saves for the Bulldogs.
- Angelina Barrett earned the win in goal for the Rams
- The Rams outshot the hosts 45-to-1 and had 15 penalty corners to the Dean 1.
Dean begins Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play on Saturday with a 3 p.m. game at Johnson & Wales.
Framingham State ends its four-game road trip on Saturday with a 6 p.m. contest at Castleton.