By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Elms College women’s soccer team defeated Framingham State by a score of 1-0 on Wednesday evening at Maple Street Field in Framingham.
The Rams are still seeking their first win of the season. They are now 0-3.
Elms College earned their first win of the season and are now 1-1-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Both teams had a few opportunities in the first half but both goalkeepers kept the game scoreless into the intermission.
- The Rams had a great opportunity in the 55th minute when Calen Frongillo’s shot was saved, the rebound went to the feet of Hailey Baker who sent it toward the open net but the play was goal was called back as the Rams were called offside.
- The Blazers scored in the 75th minute when Emily Maffuccio redirected the corner kick from Elaina Vilar into the back of the net.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Angela Picheo registered seven saves in the complete game shutout.
- Jetta Oskirko made one save in the first half before heading to the field for the second half. Sarah Lustic who came in as a field player in the first half made one save in the second half for the Rams.
- The Rams held an advantage in shots 12-to-7, while the Blazers led in corner kicks 7-to-5.
The Rams return to the pitch on Saturday when they host Nichols at 11 a.m.
The Blazers will host Emmanuel in non-conference action the same day at 1 p.m.